Exercise Leader/Program Assistant – Full Time
On Lok 30th Street Senior Center is San Francisco’s largest multipurpose senior center with eight programs serving more than 6,000 seniors per year. We offer multiple programs for active seniors citywide including exercise classes, delicious meals and a variety of social activities to carry out our mission to help seniors remain healthy, independent and in their communities for as long as possible. Our Aging and Disability Resource Center, home delivered meals, and case management programs, provide additional support to seniors in our community.
Interested applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter highlighting their interest in this position and their relevant experience with the unique population it serves.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Health Promotion Manager, the Exercise Program Leader, Always Active is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the Always Active (AA) program at selected sites, and assisting with Health Promotion tasks at 30th Street Senior Center as needed. These activities include instructing exercise classes, outreach, educational presentations, and documentation of data regarding senior participation.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and orients participants to the Always Active (AA) program through outreach efforts. (i.e. presentations, flyers, and informational material).
- Assists in enrollment process for AA (interviews, contacts with MD’s, mail, fax).
- Conducts group exercise classes at multiple centers throughout San Francisco.
- Conducts presentations and talks for AA participants.
- Prepares and submits reports to comply with MIS/Office of Aging requirements.
- Participates in program and committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- BA in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Exercise Science or ACSM, NASM, ACE Certification required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers: Office and Outlook.
- Access to vehicle and clean driving record.
- Work experience with older adults preferred.
On Lok’s Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
To apply click here: https://onlok.applicantpro.com/jobs/1908154.html
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).