JOB TITLE: SENIOR GROUP EXERCISE LEADER “Independent Contractor”
The Always Active exercise program is looking for exercise instructors to teach one-hour classes and be available to travel to different locations throughout San Francisco, as scheduled.
Since 2007, The Always Active program has been designed to provide educational and practical programs to benefit older adults in San Francisco. This exercise program focuses on fitness, strength training, and fall prevention. Through a collaboration of partners (30th Street Senior Center and the University of San Francisco’s Department of Exercise and Sports Science) the Always Active program has established successful evidence-based group exercise classes throughout senior centers, churches, and community centers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the general supervision of the Health Promotion Program Manager, the Senior Group Exercise Leader instructs a minimum of one group exercise class to older adults. Depending on the location, 15-40 participants are expected per class. Classes are an hour long and class times range from 8:50 am to 1:30 pm throughout the day, depending on the site. Class schedules can be found at www.alwaysactive.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches a (minimum of) one-hour group exercise class at one of our locations throughout San Francisco.
- Incorporate the program’s 5 components: cardio, strength training, balance exercises, joint mobility, and flexibility
- Participates in program trainings and annual celebration
- Completes the Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist Certification within 3 months of employment.
- Submits monthly invoices for payment
- Minimum of two-year experience teaching group exercise classes
- Good communicator, understands audience culture, and has a friendly disposition so that he/she can be an effective group exercise leader
- Nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification through ACSM, NASM, AFAA OR ACE
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese preferred
- Access to vehicle and clean driving record
- Work experience with older adults preferred
Please contact: Genny Pinzon at 415-550-2291; firstname.lastname@example.org