We are hiring!
JOB TITLE: SENIOR GROUP EXERCISE LEADER
The program is looking for Group Exercise Leaders to teach one hour classes, and be available to fill in for other Exercise Leaders at sites throughout San Francisco, as needed.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the general supervision of the Health Promotion Program Manager, the Senior Group Exercise Leader instructs a minimum of one group exercise class to older adults. Depending on the site, 15-40 participants are expected per class. Classes are an hour long and class times range from 8:50 am to 1:30 pm throughout the day, depending on the site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teaches a (minimum of) one-hour group exercise class at any of our 21 sites throughout San Francisco using all of the program’s 5 components: cardio, strength training, balance exercises, joint mobility, and flexibility
2. Assists in the enrollment and sign in process for the Always Active program
3. Assures that participants sign the release of liability form and maintain annual physician clearances
4. Participates in program trainings and annual celebration
5. Completes the complementary Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist Certification within 3 months of employment and maintains CPR certification
6. Submits monthly invoices for payment. This position is set as an Independent Contractor
7. Maintains site equipment and supplies
- B.S. in Kinesiology or equivalent degree and/or exercise/dance certifications
- Minimum of two-year experience teaching exercise classes
- Nationally recognized Group Exercise Certification
- Experienced in teaching all five of the program’s components: cardio, strength training, balance exercises, joint mobility, and flexibility
- Good communicator, understands audience culture, and has a friendly disposition so that he/she can be an effective group exercise leader
- A desire to work with older adults at senior centers, church, community center, or any other Always Active site in the San Francisco community
- Experience with older adults preferred
- Bilingual Spanish or Chinese preferred
- Must complete the complementary Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist Certification within 3 months of employment and maintain a CPR certification
To apply for a position with Always Active contact:
Program Specialist Luz Villaneuva; 415-550-2265, firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Promotion Program Manager Genny Pinzon; 415-550-2291; email@example.com
Wellness Trainer Certification:
- Open to qualified staff/volunteers from city agencies working with older adults.
- To receive certification, volunteers must take the complete course and test (materials provided by Always Active) .
- Intended to develop knowledge and skills for sustainable exercise programming.