In the early 2000s, 30th Street Senior Center became a test-site for the Always Active program and has since been instrumental in spreading the program citywide to 19 different locations. We will be celebrating our 12th year in 2019. Please tune in for details.
This project is made possible by the funding and collaborative efforts of 30th Street Senior Center (lead agency), San Francisco Senior Centers (SFSC), the University of San Francisco’s Exercise and Sports Science (USF’s ESS) department, and the City and County of San Francisco’s Department of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS).
Our goal is to provide activities specifically designed for you that will include cardiovascular, strength training, flexibility and balance exercises that you can do on your own as well as in group classes. Whether you are new to exercise, or you have been exercising for years, the Always Active program and trained staff will support you in your desire to feel better and function optimally- encouraging you to achieve your goals.
GENERAL EXERCISE CLASSES
- Basic strength and flexibility classes
- 60 minutes of general conditioning in a fun social setting
- 40+ classes offered weekly throughout San Francisco
- All exercise classes are led by trained professionals who have been certified by national fitness organizations.
FALL PREVENTION CLASSES
Slipped, Tripped, or Fallen Recently?
Come join an exercise class to improve balance and strength!
- 12 week program designed to lower risk of falls
- Improve Strength, flexibility, balance, and gait
- Recommended for previous fallers
- Exercise led by well-qualified certified fitness professionals
- 3 cohorts per year starting January, May, and Septembe
Must pass an in-person screening prior to enrollment in the Fall Prevention program (to ensure safety and appropriateness)
Mon May 13 – Thurs July 25 , 12:00-1:00 pm
Weds May 15 – Fri July 26, 1:30-2:30 pm
Screening Date: 5/7/19
Mon May 13 – Weds July 24
For Information and Enrollment:
Dr. Christian J. Thompson, (415) 422-5270, firstname.lastname@example.org